If you want to lose weight, know that you are not alone. There are about 108 million people in the United States that are either overweight, obese or suffering from morbid obesity, and health officials predict that in 10 years we will have a serious amount of obese people in the United States! There are different methods to slim down. Some are based in diets, others in exercise programs, others combine diets and exercises to lose weight, and there are other invasive techniques, more complex and dangerous.
1. The Cabbage Soup Diet is also another effective way to slim down. You will be eating a lot of vegetables here, so if you like greens, then this is the diet for you. Since you will only be drinking soup, it is vital that you drink supplements in order to get the vitamins that are not present in vegetables.
2. When you prepare healthy snacks you should know how many calories are in them because all calories count. Additionally, small portions in small containers are best and if you’re snacking at home use small plates, bowls, glasses etc.
Remember to eat only when hungry and not eat just to be eating. This is when being in tune to your body comes in handy. You don’t want to feel like you’re starving, but just needing a pick me up of energy. Healthy snacks should be a balanced combination of protein, fats, carbs and fiber.
3. Try eating 5 small meals daily instead of eating 3 full meals daily. Eating this way will stop you from over eating, and it will also raise your metabolism, which in turn will help you burn calories much faster.
4. In Calorie Shifting diet, you try to confuse the bodys metabolism into burning fats by changing the amount of calories you eat per day. By changing it up constantly, the body wont be able to predict the upcoming calories, so itll just decide to burn more instead.
5. As you may know eating late at night or snacking at night after dinner should be limited or cut if you’re trying to lose weight. Furthermore, you should never miss a meal and eat on schedule as often as possible. The more discipline used the greater your success.
6. One way to shed the pounds is to limit your intake of carbs. Not only do you have to watch the donuts, pies, sodas and candy, but some breads, rice and pastas will also cause you to gain weight. There are good breads, rice and pastas that you can eat, and this is where choosing the right foods comes in.
7. And finally, backup your efforts with a strict fitness regime to burn away those extra calories from the body. Make it a practice to spend 30 min in the gym daily. A short stroll in the garden or in the street in the evening is also is advisable.