If you have lived the majority of your life overweight, you\’ve most likely tried countless weight loss programs, weight loss diets and a healthy dose of drugs and pills to boot. Anyone who has gone through these experiences knows that the ultimate “diet killer” is your own lack of self-control and focus.
Read more on Herbal Remedies for Fat loss and Yoga for Weight Loss. Also visit on Weight Loss Plan
When it comes to weight loss you may secretly be your own worst enemy. Before we get started on that, let\’s look at the fact that accomplishing any goal, large or small, requires a mind that is clearly focused on the desired end.
Weight Loss Plan
1. Don’t stuff yourself with food in a single sitting; instead have 5 to 6 small meals or snacks in a day. Eating several small meals helps the body to release less insulin, which keeps blood sugar steady and helps to control hunger.
2. Make a habit of walking. Instead of driving car to the nearby market, prefer walking down. Walking is more important for people in sedentary jobs. Walk for at least 45 minutes every day; it helps in burning extra calories.
3. Keep small plates for serving food because a study shows that the less food put in front of us, the less food we’ll eat. So downsize your food plates and coffee mugs, and say goodbye to those extra calories.
4. Use vegetables to make hefty meals. Like pasta salad loaded with vegetables like broccoli, carrots, and tomatoes can be eaten twice. Same applies for stir-fries; add vegetables to make a fluffier omelet.
5. Avoid taking white foods as they contain large amounts of carbohydrates, which may further lead to weight gain. Replace white sugar, white rice, and white flour with whole grain breads and brown rice.
6. Use skimmed milk as it is high in calcium and low in calories. For coffee, use nonfat powdered milk.
7. Prefer eating cereal for breakfast five days a week. Following this, you will consume more fiber and calcium, and less fat than those who eat other breakfast foods.
8. Prefer having meals at home. We’re more likely to eat more – in fact, more high-fat, and high-calorie foods- when we eat out than eating at home.
9. Try to eat slowly and put your fork or spoon down after every bite. Drink water often and talk about your day with your partner. If you eat slowly, you would feel contended with your meal.
10. Eat only when your stomach wants food. Usually out of boredom, nervousness, habit, or frustration; many of us unnecessarily have food. If you want to have something specific, it’s probably a craving, not hunger.
11. Eat fruit rather than drinking fruit juice. Eating whole foods will keep you satisfied for longer period of time than juice. Moreover, fruit juices are very high in calories.
12. After every two hours, get up and walk around the office or your home for five minutes. A brisk five-minute walk after every two hours will you’re your body active.
13. Take a walk before dinner and it’ll not only burn calories, but also cut down your appetite.
14. Skip watching TV for an hour and go for a walk instead. Or else, you have now time to finish your domestic chores.
15. Order alcohol by the glass, not the bottle. This way, you’ll be more aware of how much alcohol you’re intaking. Alcohol is high in calories, however moderate drinking can be good for your health.
16. Stock your refrigerator with low-fat yogurt. Cut down 500 calories a day from your diet and eat yogurt three times a day for 12 weeks. It will help you lose more weight and body fat.