If you think you are the only one who can’t stick to a diet, or sticks to a diet and doesn’t lose weight, let me set you straight. Only about 5% of people who go on any given “lose weight diet plan” actually permanently lose weight. Diet plan after diet plan is thought up, promoted and sold, only to fail 95% of the people who climb on the bandwagon. The reason is actually pretty simple no diet is sustainable, and most diets give little thought to the future.
What Not to Eat on Your Lose Weight Diet Plan
The first step in any new relationship is to discard the remnants of the old one. When it comes to your food, it means getting rid of all those harmful foods and replacing them with better choices.
You can do this gradually or quickly, depending upon your will power and budget. Here is a list of foods you must eliminate.
1. White foods –white flour, white sugar, white bread, milk and cheese.
2. Artificial sweeteners– there isn’t a single sweetener that is good for you and some are actually harmful to your body and to your weight loss efforts.
3. Commercially grown meats–meats that are lot raised have higher levels of cholesterol, saturated fat and chemicals. They are injected with hormones to make them grow faster, antibiotics which do the same thing, and those chemicals make it into your body. They have led to reduced sperm rates in men and extremely early menarche in girls.
4. Farmed fish–farmed fish lack many of the nutrients that promote heart health and good brain function and they usually contain borderline levels of PCBs.
5. Commercially grown produce–while you don’t have to purchase every piece of produce you eat organically, the more you can the better for you in every way. If you can’t get it all organic, then at least avoid the worst offenders; strawberries, celery, apples, cherries, peaches, nectarines, peppers, potatoes and grapes. You can find a comprehensive list online.
Healthy Foods for a Great Lose Weight Diet Plan
In place of those foods you will get a whole new range of healthy, fat burning foods.
1. Whole grains–pick up oats, quinoa, brown rice, amaranth, buckwheat, wild rice and anything else that catches your fancy–just avoid the wheat
2. Natural sweeteners–use stevia, honey, pure maple syrup or agave syrup only. Stevia is made from a plant, and it is incredibly sweet without having a negative effect on your blood sugar.
3. Grass fed meat–high in omega 3s, low in saturated fat and loaded with great protein, meat fed completely on grass is not only healthy, it tastes great too.
4. Wild caught fish–these fish contain plenty of heart healthy fats, protein and other essential nutrients. Avoid those that contain dangerous levels of mercury, and you will promote brain health too.
5. Plenty of organic produce–dark leafy greens will give you calcium and iron, berries are loaded with antioxidants, apples offer fiber, avocados give you heart healthy fats and may decrease your chances of developing Alzheimer’s. Vary your selection and you will meet your nutritional needs with pleasure.
Of course this is just the beginning, but it is a very good beginning. You will find that you will enjoy your food again, you will lose weight, and diet plan roulette will become a thing of the past.