There are so many fat burning diet plans available, but, not all of them are safe and healthy to follow. The best way to lose weight and keep it off no matter what the amount that you are trying to lose, is to do the old fashioned way, with exercise and diet. We all want a magic way of dropping pounds, but taking a pill or fasting only have their downfalls. Here are some helpful tips to lose weight the safe way.
1. Continuing from the previous point, watch each of the 5 portions! Just because you are eating healthy doesn’t mean you can eat a lot. You still have to regulate your eating. Even when you eat too much of a good thing, it still spikes up your calorie intake, which is detrimental to weight loss. So watch how much you eat too!
2. Healthy weight loss is not only brought about by veggies, fruits, and dairy products. Meat such as turkey meat is also a recommended inclusion in your diet as it can also increase metabolic rate due to its huge protein content. Remember that protein rich foods enable more calories to be broken down, thus, more fats tend to be burned.
3. Many people have no concept of the amount of food that hey should be eating. Here are some helpful tips about portion sizes… 3 ounces of meat, fish, chicken, etc. is about the size of the palm of a woman’s hand or a deck of playing cards.
An ounce of cheese is about the size of your thumb.
A teaspoon of butter is the about the size of your thumb tip.
Learning the correct portions that you should consume can greatly improve your weight lose.
4. Instead of pie or cake for dessert, offer fruit-based fare like fondue, fruit cocktail, yogurt parfait, or, simply a fresh piece fruit. Not only will this reduce the fat and calorie content of your meal’s finale, most folks find fruit more refreshing than sweets. After all, by dessert we’re usually eating out of sheer habit anyway, not from hunger, so why “waist” the calories? You’ll be surprised at how easy it really is to satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. High fiber cereals and food keep you full for a longer time. Fiber is like a natural appetite suppressant. When you fill the body up with fiber, your body no longer craves unhealthy, high fat foods. Besides, it is said that fiber helps clear up blood sugar and cholesterol, which ensures weight management over a longer period.
6. Many of us may feel that we simply do not have the time to incorporate exercise int your busy lifestyle. That is just an excuse! There are many ways to get the exercise that you need. When you are at work take the stairs instead of the elevator, or park a little farther then normal so you walk farther. Instead of going out to the movies where you just sit, do something physical like bowling, golfing, dancing, etc. Every extra bit of exercise helps!
7. choose sugar free ice cream or reduced- or non-fat frozen yogurt. Non-fat, reduced-calorie whipped topping is almost identical in flavor and texture to its higher-calorie counterpart. Try topping sundaes with all-fruit spread rather than chocolate or caramel syrup. If portions tend to get out of control, serve less ice cream in smaller dishes.