I am not sure how it was in the past, but today’s society is obsessed with weight loss and a slim and trim figure. Man, in his vanity, wants nothing less than perfection in himself and in those around him, too. People who are overweight suffer from a lot more than just health problems. Their self-confidence goes for a toss and in many cases it can lead to severe depression too. It is no wonder then that people want to lose weight fast and easy in order to feel better about themselves.
Here are some ideas that can help you lose weight and get slim. Pay close attention to them. They may end up changing your life…..for the better.
• If you feel thirsty, water is your best friend, not carbonated drinks or even sugar filled juices. Nothing can replace water’s function in the body and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
• Trash the idea of the conventional 3 meals a day. It will not do to stuff your body with a lot of food in a single sitting; break it up into 5 or 6 smaller meals or healthy snacks in a day. When you have smaller meals it not only speeds up your metabolism but helps the body release less insulin which, in turn, keeps blood sugar levels steady and controls hunger pangs.
• Keep plenty of low-fat yoghurt in your refrigerator. Have it three times a day and you will cut down up to 500 calories a day almost instantly. Do this for 12 weeks and watch how you lose weight fast.
• For breakfast, have a serving of whole grain cereals (not the sugary packaged ones) five days a week. This gives your body a good amount of calcium and fiber and helps you stay full for longer.
• Try to distinguish between false and real hunger pangs. If you feel hungry wait a while before eating. False hunger pangs will usually pass in a matter of minutes, saving you from putting unnecessary calories in your body.
• If you enjoy having a dressing on your salad or like sauces with your food, opt for flavorings such as salsa, Cajun seasonings, and hot sauce in place of the creamy, sugary or buttery sauces. The former have fewer calories and they are quite delicious too.
• Instead of drinking fruit juices, have the fruit. It will keep you satisfied for longer and you will end up having to deal with fewer calories too.
• Make it a habit to walk regularly. If you can’t make time for exercise, walk to the local superstore. If you take the bus or subway to work, get off a stop earlier and walk the rest of the distance. These tiny modifications go a long way, as you will notice pretty soon.
• Once a week, make a target for yourself and clean/ wash something in the house – manually. Scrub the floors, wipe down the windows, clean the bathroom tiles. Your house will end up looking cleaner and you could burn up to four calories every minute!
• Go for a walk before dinner. It not only helps to burn calories but also curbs your appetite. That’s how you can lose weight fast and easy.
You are free to publish this article without any change in the content electronically, in print, in your e-book, or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author resource details are included.